Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Maximizing Joy

We all have seasons of life, don't we? Honestly...this has been a very difficult season for our family, and for myself personally. I would like to be able to claim that I have just glided through the hard times with great triumph and no hindering worries or thoughts of, what if, or why now? But I am finding at every turn of unknown...there is always a promise of the one who Knows All Things! I am thankful that I don't have to know what's around the bend. He's already there.
This verse has been reverberating through my head. I love how the Lord brings scripture to mind when we need it most. I wanted to maximize the scripture on this card by minimizing the decor elements...just a bit of shimmer in the card stock.






I wanted to try out a new product given to me by my dear friend, Peggysue. It is Nuvo Tonic Gilding Flakes. She had warned me that these flakes were very prone to "blowing in the wind..." but what I didn't realize is how they stick to every thing...including my fingers.
I used the Papertrey Ink's Psalms scripture and gilded the vines on each side. The scripture itself was embossed with gold powder. The gilding flakes was a mixture of gold and copper. It gives a very pretty raised effect with more texture than regular embossing. A Swiffer sheet works well to burnish the metallic into the card stock and also cleaning up.
I used Shimmer paper in copper and black for this card also.
I am still learning...and God is always teaching me...the best way to move beyond our troubles or heartache is to keep our focus on what God has already accomplished...the gifts He has given us...and the faithfulness He has shown. He truly has done Great things for us!!

1 comment:

  1. They do stick to everything! I am glad you had fun playing with them though and that card is delightful. Im am sorry you have been having such troubles. Sending ((HUGS)).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!