Thursday, March 15, 2018

Stamping Just Because

Hi there, sweet stamping friends! I have been doing a bit of stamping here and there and can't seem to take the time to actually post on my blog here! I really do enjoy blogging and visiting other's blogs...it is such a creative way to not only gain inspiration...but peek into the lives of people I feel I almost "know" because of their sharing stories, pictures, and kind words.
There are several friends I know who are going through health struggles, both personally and through these blogs. I've made a few cards that are encouragement and faith based that I hope to share in the next few days here.
This one is using a new-to-me set from Papertrey Ink, Brushed Birds. I really liked the sentiment, and I always fall for any type of bird on cards, and this set has several that you can change up the colors any way you want. I have never seen a pink bird...but I kind of like it!
"Serenity is quiet courage."
I recall reading a definition of meekness that stuck with me because it encapsulated the meaning well.  The author stated that sometimes meekness is misunderstood as being weak, or one who is easily walked upon, or subjection of wills. But the meaning that was given is "Meekness is restrained strength or strength under control," the greatest of all strengths. True meekness combines gentleness and strength. My Mom possessed this trait more than anyone I know as she dealt with the debilitating illness of M.S. for many years. I saw in her a gentleness, yet powerful strength...something to be admired!
So I am wondering if this serenity definition is similar.
The bird is perched on vines from another PTI stamp set, "Elegant Embellishments." I die cut several small floral and tucked them in here and there. Nuvo gold glitter drops were used in the corners for embellishments that are easy to mail.
Thanks for your visit today and may you be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. You are so thoughtful for praying and including cards for your friends. I am sure they will love this. It is very soft and pretty. That birdie is darling. What a sweet friend... hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are a treasured part of my day!!